New Year, New Unsplash Clubs! We're back after the festive break, with some new challenges to inspire and motivate.
Reading about Clubs for the first time? We’ve added a brief overview at the bottom of this article 👍
'Valentines Day' is highly searched term on Unsplash each year. For this challenge we’ll be thinking outside of box to create abstract images that represent Valentines, sharing ideas, resources and techniques.
Blender minimal backgrounds
Our 3D Renders Club has a fresh challenge for both Blender beginners and pros. These types of image are highly versatile and always in demand.
Film Club will be discussing and exploring different ways to distress negatives.
- Drawing or writing on negatives
- ‘Negative souping’ using different household products
- Heating negatives
Set by Nik in the Library Gaps Club, this challenge is aimed to spark ideas and motivate you to get creative. Covering the library gap ‘Motivation’.
We’ll be exploring how we can represent motivation (and lack of!) in the Unsplash Library, along with discussing what the word ‘motivate’ means to you.
Unsplash Clubs 101
Unsplash Clubs are community-led, Unsplash supported groups for contributors to connect with other contributors and to get inspired by monthly photo prompts.
Benefits of Clubs include:
- 🌟 Access to monthly creative inspiration.
- 🙌 Benefit from advice, tips and tricks shared by the groups.
- 👋 Make new friends and embrace online community
- 📸 Challenge yourself to learn new skills and try different styles.
- 📊 Photos submitted to monthly themes get power tags boosting visibility
- 👀 Submit via group Topics allowing you to view what your fellow group-mates are creating
- 🔍 Gain insights into gaps in the Unsplash Library
Finding and joining a Club
All current Clubs can be found here.
You can join as many of these groups as you like, taking part with what excites and interests you personally. To join in the conversation, simply click the Slack channel links above, images can be submitted via the Topics section on Unsplash.
Have an idea for a Club? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk!
We're really looking forward to creating together again. 🙌